During natural disasters like flooding, floodwaters carry disease-causing organisms that can lead to serious illness or even death, the Kanawha-Charleston Health Department recommends that you take precautions. As you begin the task of cleaning up your home or business and salvaging belongings remember to take the proper precautions to protect your health.
- Instructions for Flood Sanitation
- Health Officials Advice Residents for Safe Flood Clean-up
- Health Officials Advise Residents Affected By Floods to Disinfect Their Water Supplies
- Medical and Health Care Precautions Important During Flood Relief
- Flood Water & Tetanus – What You Need to Know
- Dealing with Mosquitoes Related to Flood Water