The Family Planning Program offers comprehensive medical examinations including:
- Pelvic exams
- Pap tests to screen for cervical cancer
- Clinical breast exams and instruction
- Testicular exams and instruction (males)
- Screening and treatment for some sexually transmitted diseases
- Health education and counseling
- Pregnancy tests
- Basic infertility information
The following guidelines must be met in order to qualify:
- You must be a female or a male of childbearing age, including adolescents who may not yet be sexually active; and at risk of unintended pregnancy and in need of family planning/contraceptive services;
- You must be a woman seeking pregnancy;
- Your documented income must be at or below 250% of the current Federal Poverty Level, based on current sliding fee scale; AND
- You must be uninsured or underinsured (you have no insurance or your insurance does not cover annual services or birth control).
To visit the WV State Family Planning website, please click here.